Construction workers at Quarry Walk on Route 67 in Oxford were ordered to cease work after their gas-powered saw exceeded carbon monoxide levels at a row of businesses on Thursday, February 6. Employees at Country Creamery, Sitting Duck and Better Beagle and other businesses along the row were ordered to evacuate so firefighters could air out the fumes. Oxford Fire Chief Scott Pelletier told Voices four people were evaluated, but refused medical treatment. Fans were placed within the buildings to air out the fumes and employees were able to return to work about two hours later. Construction workers were cutting into concrete with a gas-powered saw that caused the CO fumes and were ordered to use a different method to finish the work. (Rodriguez photo) 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.