TRAGIC LOSS TO FIRE

At 9:55 p.m. on February 9, the Watertown Fire Department responded to an alarm coming from the residents of a house on Buckingham Street. The two-story home, which was being rented by the Sharp family, was owned by the neighboring Union Congregational Church. Tiffany Sharp and three school-aged children escaped without injury from the blaze, which claimed the life of the family’s cat. The father of the children and a son at college were not home when the fire broke out.

The WFD, which responded to a 911 call, had the fire under control in less than a half-hour. The house was declared uninhabitable, forcing the Sharp family, who lost all of their possessions, to seek temporary shelter. For those seeking to help the family, a GoFundMe page, Help Tiffany Sharp, has been set up and friends are collecting donations of food, clothing and money. Ms. Sharp, who is a front-line hospital worker, is in immediate need of scrubs for work. (Dreher photo)

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.